If you want a comfort food during chilly nights, beef and potato skillet is a recipe just for you. From the original canned items, you can offer a healthier version from the fresh ingredients. Ground beef, mushrooms, potato and cheese are the main ingredients for this dish. As a product, you get a creamy and mushroom-y meal which is a burst of magic on your tongue and palate.
- 1¼ – 1½ lb. of ground beef
- 1 lb. of white potatoes, sliced ¼ “ thick
- white mushrooms or bellas,
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cup (or 8 oz.) of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- ½ t garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. of paprika
- 1 tbsp. of dry mustard
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1½ cup of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. of cornstarch
- ¼ cup of water
- salt and pepper
- Place large skillet over medium flame and heat olive oil. When the oil is ready, add the onions and cook until it becomes translucent.
- Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper if desired. Sauté for about 4-5 minutes until they attain slightly brown coloring.
- Put the mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms already soften.
- Transfer the potato and mushroom mix into a bowl and set aside until needed.
- Using the same skillet (all the while maintaining the heat), sauté ground beef. Add garlic powder later together with salt and pepper.
- Cook the ground beef until it’s browned and remove the grease from the pan.
- Put back the potato and mushroom mixture into the skillet with the ground beef. Add the chicken broth, dry mustard and paprika into the mix. Cover skillet with lid and let the mixture simmer until the potato has softened. Simmering process would take about 5-10 minutes.
- Next, pour the Greek yogurt and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until the everything is fully combined and the cheese has totally melted.
- Dilute the corn starch in water, making slurry out of it. Add the slurry into the skillet and bring the mixture into simmer again.
- Continue cooking until the mixture has thickened and totally heated through.