The bursting freshness of lemon and the healthy advantages of yogurt are put into one recipe—lemon yogurt bread. Now, don’t get intimidated just yet as our recipe consists of half whole wheat and is low in sugary content. This is an easy bake recipe and is highly recommended to be packed on picnics or snacks in the garden.
For the bread:
- ¾ cup of whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. of lemon zest
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
For the glaze:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Preheat your oven into 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a 9×5 inch loaf pan. See to it that it’s slightly coated with non-stick spray.
- Combine lemon zest and granulated sugar into a large bowl. Use your fingers to rub the zest and sugar together until you can smell the lemony aroma and the mixture achieves a light yellow coloring.
- Next, mix in the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt, then mix.
- Get a small bowl and whisk there the eggs, vanilla and yogurt. Gently pour in the melted coconut oil and whisk again until they’re all well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry mix in the large bowl and stir well.
- Pour the already made batter into the loaf pan and smoothen the top surface.
- Bake the lemon yogurt batter for about 50-55 minutes and transfer into the wire rack. Let the bread cool completely while you make the glaze.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice into a small bowl. Begin with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and add more gradually if you still have a thin consistency. Achieve the smooth texture for the glaze.
- Smoothen the lemon glaze atop the now cooled bread and set aside. You can store it in an airtight container or wrap in a plastic wrap for good 3-4 days.
- Preparation : 20 minutes
- Cooking : 50 minutes
- Yield : 1 loaf