Do you find pumpkins unpleasant to your taste buds? You might find yourself taking the 180-degree turn with this luscious but nutritious recipe. Whole wheat apple pumpkin muffins will surely tickle your taste buds, making you crave for more than just one or two pieces.
- 1 cup of white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup of pumpkin
- 1 cup of apple, finely grated
- ½ cup of raisins
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp. of butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup of honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat your oven into 350-degree Fahrenheit.
- Coat your muffin pan with cooking spray or simply line it with paper cups.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt) into a medium size mixing bowl and stir until they’re all completely combined.
- Get your wet ingredients (honey, egg, butter, vanilla extract and pumpkin) into a large mixing bowl and mix.
- Next, add the dry mix into the wet mixture and stir until they’re almost well incorporated.
- Add the grated apple and raisins and mix again until all ingredients are well combined together.
- Fill the muffin cups with about three quarter full of mixture.
- For the regular sized muffins, bake them for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, mini-size muffins would do for about 18 minutes. Test if the muffins are okay by merely sticking in a toothpick at the center of a muffin and it comes out clean.