Banana bread is an all-time favorite even by kids. The soft and moist consistency of the bread, plus the fact that the main ingredient is banana, makes it an object of craving.
Since banana bread is a simple dessert, you can glamorize it by adding walnuts or pecans, berries and a tsp of ground cinnamon.
- 4 browned, medium-sized bananas
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ of ground chia seed
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 tsp. of water
- 1 ½ of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. of salt
- Preheat oven into 350°F and lightly grease (with oil or cooking spray) and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Into a small bowl, incorporate chia seeds and 2 tbsp. of water. Leave it be for about 5 minutes to let the mixture achieve a jelly consistency.
- Peel the bananas and put them into a large mixing bowl along with the prepared chia seed mixture and a cup of sugar. Mash them using a large fork or potato smasher until all lumps are gone.
- Add the vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix them well until they’re well combined.
- Add the flour gradually (which should be a 1/4 cup at a time) until you achieve a thick batter.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan and place the pan onto the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for at least an hour and test using a toothpick or a knife. Add a few more minutes if the toothpick or knife doesn’t come out clean. Take note that the top the bread should also attain a deep golden brown coloring.
- When it’s cooked, place the pan onto a wire rack and allow the bread to cool. Finish!
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 10 minutes
- Cooking : 1 hour
- Serving : makes 1 loaf