Clafouti, despite the fancy French name, is actually a simple baked fruit dessert with cherries as the key ingredient. Now, traditionally, the black cherry variant is used for this recipe but if you don’t have them, regular but pitted cherries would suit just fine.
Also, we are going to make use of mini dark chocolate chips to satisfy our sweet tooth and add a certain twist. Make sure that you choose the best quality you can find to ensure the taste.
- 1 ¼ cups of almond milk*
- ½ cup of flour
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups of cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- ½ of vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
(* Note: You may also use regular milk if you want.)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and get a large mixing bowl.
- Inside the bowl, whisk together the milk, flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt together.
- Next, pour ¼ inch of the batter into a round baking dish or deep dish pie pan that is lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Put into the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the batter firms up.
- Remove from the oven, place the mini chocolate chips & cherries evenly over the batter and pour the rest of the batter evenly over the top.
- Put it back into the oven and bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes up to an hour. You will know that the clafoutis is done once it is all puffed and golden brown. You can also do the toothpick test by inserting into the center and it comes out clean.
- Feel free to dust it with powdered sugar or whipped cream before serving.
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 1 hour – 1 hour and 12 minutes
- Serving : makes 8