Okay, so you are feeling adventurous inside your kitchen and would want to make a homemade ice cream. Then take up this challenge—a.k.a. making homemade chocolate chip pumpkin cookie dough ice cream. Not only will you earn great self-satisfaction, but lots of love from your family and friends.
For ice cream:
- 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 4 oz. of whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
For the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough balls:
- 3 tbsp. of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. of salt
- Into a large bowl, combine the condensed milk, heavy cream, evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the ingredients for about 5 minutes or until you achieve smooth and creamy consistency.
- Add the whipped topping (make sure that it has been already thawed).
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe container and put inside the freezer. Visit the mixture after an hour and stir the mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough by combining butter, sugars and vanilla into a medium-size mixing bowl. Whisk them together until you achieve light and fluffy consistency.
- Stir in pumpkin puree and mix again before adding the flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix again for the ingredients to blend well.
- Fold in ¼ cup of mini chocolate chips (set aside the other quarter cup for later use) and refrigerate the dough for about 20 minutes.
- Get a large baking sheet and line it with parchment paper (or just lightly grease it with non-stick spray).
- Roll the cookie dough into bite-sized balls, line them on the baking sheet and freeze them for about 20 minutes.
- After 2 hours of freezing the ice cream base, give it another quick stir and fold in the frozen cookie dough balls and the remaining portion of the mini chocolate chips.
- Freeze the ice cream for another 4 hours or if you prefer it, overnight. Just stir it again before the third hour of freezing time.
- Before serving, allow the ice cream to sit out at a room temperature for at least 15- 20 minutes.
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 45 minutes & 4 hours of freezing
- Cooking : not applicable
- Serving : makes 8