Berries are absolutely the best sources of antioxidants, fiber and folate. They are good in promoting healthy skin and hair, and can boost your immune system due to a rich dose of vitamin C. On the other hand, chia seeds are great source of Omega-3 fatty acids. They can also boost your energy levels, help you lose weight and give you healthy complexion.
With thiscreamy but healthy parfait recipeyou can surely have the pleasure you want from a dessert. The attractive layers of berries and chia seeds, covered with coconut milk will tempt you to ask for a second serving. Better still, your body gets healthy dose of nutrients it needs.
- 1 can of coconut milk, light
- 2 cups of strawberries, sliced in halves
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 2 cups of raspberries
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. of powdered sugar (You can also use honey or maple syrup as substitute.)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- Mix together the coconut milk, powdered sugar (or honey/ maple syrup), chia seeds and vanilla in a small bowl. Put inside the fridge for about half an hour or overnight if you desire.
- Prepare eight glasses (transparent glasses reflect the most desirable layer-effect). Divide the strawberries among these glasses and top with a couple tablespoons of chia pudding.
- Top chia with blueberries and layer again with chia pudding.
- For the last layer, add the raspberries.
- Refrigerate the glasses of parfait until they’re ready to be served. Note that you can also eat this as breakfast, so it’s best to prepare this at night.