Some vegetarians may find it rather challenging to bake since baking usually includes eggs. For this reason, we are sharing to you an eggless recipe of jam cookies.
Eggless jam cookies attain a firm but melt-in-your-mouth texture that you can’t simply resist. Splashing a bit of lemon zest can give significant twist on these cookies no matter what fruity flavour you choose. To begin with, get the ingredients listed below along with your basic tools and materials in baking cookies:
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup of corn starch or corn flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- ½ tsp. of lemon zest (from ½ lemon)
- ⅓ cup of unsalted butter , softened
- ⅓ cup of granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp. of milk
- 2-3 tbsp. of fruit jam (your choice of flavor)
- Preheat your oven to at least 350⁰F (or an equivalent of 180⁰C) for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare your cookie tray by lining it with parchment paper or butter paper.
- Get the following: all-purpose flour, lemon zest, baking powder and cornstarch and put them all into a mixing bowl.
- Incorporate the mentioned ingredients well by whisking them all together.
- Get the softened butter (softened in room temperature) and put it into a bowl. Beat it until it attains smooth and creamy texture using wire whisk.
- Add white sugar into the butter and beat again until the sugar is dissolved. The consistency now of sugar and butter mixture should be smooth and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and incorporate them using a wooden spoon. The result should be that of a crumbly texture.
- Add 2 tbsp. of milk and knead the dough, making it come together.
- Divide the dough into 18 equal portions and make each portion into a smooth ball.
- Arrange them in your prepared cookie tray.
- Punch a hole in the center of each ball using the handle of a wooden spoon or your finger.
- Fill the hole with your chosen flavor of jam (strawberry jam, blueberry jam…etc.).
- Bake them the cookies for about 15 minutes or until they are slightly browned around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie tray for about 5 minutes and move into the cooling rack until they’re completely cooled.
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 20 minutes
- Cooking : 15 minutes
- Serving : makes 18 cookies