Rainbow-colored cupcakes are a sight for sore eyes and are most welcome in wedding and birthday parties. While it is harder to make than the plain-looking ones, they are still worth your time, effort and creativity.
- White cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 4 food coloringcolors
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) of water
- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- Candy and sprinkles, optional
- Vanilla butter-cream frosting, white
- Get the cake mix, egg whites, water and oil and put them together in a large mixing bowl. Mix and stir them all until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Pour the mixture into equal amounts in 6 bowls.
- Commence making the batter with different colors by adding at least 2-3 coloring drops into each of bowl of batter. Adjust colors by monitoring the number of drops you make. Example of distributing colors:
- Bowl no. 1 : purple coloring (red + blue = purple)
- Bowl no. 2 : orange coloring (red + yellow = orange)
- Bowl no. 3 : red coloring
- Bowl no. 4 : blue coloring
- Bowl no. 5 : green coloring
- Bowl no. 6 : yellow coloring
- Using a spoon, stir to mix the food coloring and batter.
- Get muffin tin and line it with paper liners. Add the batter per layer to attain multi-colored cupcakes. Example, bottom layer would be blue, then second will be yellow, then red, green and so on.
- Bake the cake batter for at least 20 minutes at 325 degree Fahrenheit or 160 degree Celsius.
- As you bake, prepare the frosting by readying 3 bowls. Fill them with the butter cream frosting and color each cup with food coloring.
- Put the three different colored frosting inside a big sandwich plastic bag.
- Cut the corner of the bag and swirl the frosting on top of the already cooked cupcake.
- Serve with candies or sprinkles for a more appealing look. Makes 12 rainbow-colored cupcakes.