Who doesn’t want donuts anytime of the day? Kids and adults alike love the taste of this sweet treat. But for those who are impartial for painfully sweet frostings and oil of fried donuts, let us recommend to you the baked and chocolaty version of this wonderful treat. Your creativity is also most welcome in making baked chocolate-glazed donuts.
- 1 3/4 cups flour, unbleached
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk, room temperature
- ½ cup of brown or cane sugar
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. non-GMO canola oil
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 340-degree Fahrenheit.
- Get a drinking glass and line it with a plastic bag that has been corner-snipped of about half inch, and then set aside. Brush the donut pan slightly with oil and set aside.
- Sift the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, incorporate oil, vanilla extract, milk and sugar and stir.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the flour mix and whisk properly.
- Spoon the dough into the glass lined with plastic bag and twist the end. Make sure that you closed the end properly to avoid spillage at the other end for this will serve as your piping bag.
- Fill the donut cavities in about 2/3 and transfer pans to the oven. Bake the donuts for about 13-14 minutes then transfer to wire rack to let them cool.
- Prepare the chocolate glaze by melting the chocolate chips with coconut oil.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze and sprinkle with nuts, sprinkles and anything you wish to add.
- Refrigerate the donuts for about 10 minutes to help harden the glaze.
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 20 minutes for dough; 20-25 minutes for decoration and refrigeration
- Cooking : 13-14 minutes of baking
- Serving : 12 regular donuts or 24 mini donuts