Have you ever tasted creamy, buttery and chocolaty layers of perfection? You can see these qualities in just one dessert: Brownie peanut butter mousse parfait. After all, the French word, ‘parfait’ means ‘perfect’ in the English language. We might as well enjoy this perfection of a dessert by following this simple recipe.
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- of cocoa powder
- of light corn syrup
- ¼ cup of water
Peanut butter mousse
- 6 pasteurized eggs
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 11½ cups of creamy peanut butter
- ½ cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 tsp. of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. of vanilla
For arranging the parfait
- 2½ – 3 cups of brownies, chunked
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional, for garnish)
- Shaved chocolate (optional, for garnish)
- Mini chocolate chips (optional, for garnish)
- In a small sauce pan or pot, whisk cocoa powder, corn syrup and water together.
- Boil the mixture and stir it frequently so it won’t stick or burn. Reduce the fire into low heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan or pot from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Again, stir the mixture until you attain smooth texture.
- Put the chocolate fudge into the refrigerator until it is ready to be used.
Peanut butter mousse
- Use a chilled bowl, beaters and whisk attachment (from a stand mixer) for this procedure.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and refrigerate until it’s ready to be used.
- Meanwhile, set mixer on high speed and beat the eggs together with the confectioners’ sugar. Beat until it attains pale coloring and then double the volume for about 5 minutes.
- Put the peanut butter and whip using high speed for about 1 minute.
- Get your large rubber spatula and gently add the whipped cream into 3-4 folds. Store inside the refrigerator until the arranging of parfait.
- Use chilled bowl, beaters and whisk attachment (from a stand mixer) for this procedure.
- Using the above mentioned materials, whip cream, vanilla and powdered sugar together until you attain soft peaks.
- Set aside the mixture inside the fridge until the arranging of parfait.
Arranging the parfait
- To make large parfaits, divide 1/3 of the brownies for six parfait glasses. Divide 1/3 of peanut butter mousse for the glasses. Do this with the whipped cream and choco-fudge as well.
- Set another 2 layers using the procedure in step one.
- If you want small parfaits, you can do at least one or two layers with each fraction.
- Top with chocolate sprinkles, shaved chocolate or mini chocolate chips for enhanced presentation and taste.