Do you have left overs of your slow-cooked, shredded salsa chicken? You can make sliders out of it for breakfast, snack or hors d’oeuvre to enjoy with your loved ones. Enjoy making this one easy recipe through simple mixing and arranging process—no need to cook anything, actually. Practically, you also save your money. Plus the food is homemade so you can worry less about your health welfare.
Note: You will need a food processor or hand blender in preparing the avocado lime crema.
- Slow-cooked shredded salsa chicken, leftover
- Slider buns
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Avocado Lime crema
- Mango and avocado salsa, optional
Avocado lime crema:
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp. of lime juice
- ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt (you can also use sour cream)
For the Avocado lime crema:
- Mix the avocado, Greek yogurt (or sour cream if you don’t have the yogurt) and the lime juice into a bowl.
- Blend in the ingredients using your food processor or hand blender. Be sure that they are very well incorporated and has the consistency of a puree.
- Add salt and pepper to enhance the taste, or you can also leave the crema as it is.
For the sliders:
- Get the slow-cooked shredded salsa chicken leftover.
- Place the salsa chicken on the buns, which could be about a quarter or half cup depending on the size of the buns.
- Top it with cheese, avocado lime crema and mango avocado salsa.