Are you planning to hang out with your friends? Then we suggest that you also plan the appetizer that will surely lighten the mood and give way to a more delightful boding moments.
The rich and buttery flavor of the avocado is a sure treat to the palate. The sweet taste of the red and yellow capsicums, plus the tangy twist of cilantro and red chili bring the rolls into another level.
For the homemade wrappers:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of hot water
- 1 tbsp. of melted butter
- Mixture of 1-2 tbsp. of flour + 1 tbsp. of water (for sealing the rolls)
- 1 tbsp. of butter (for brushing)
For the filling:
- 2 whole avocados
- 1/4 cup of onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. of yellow capsicums, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. of red bell peppers or capsicums, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp. of lemon Juice
- 1 – 2 tbsp. of red chili flakes (adjust to suit taste)
- Mix together all the ingredients for homemade wrappers into a large bowl, save for the hot water which you will have to add gradually. Pour the hot water gradually and mix well until all the water is absorbed.
- Knead the flour mixture and once you produced soft and supple dough, cover it and let it rest for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the avocados by cutting it lengthwise with a sharp knife. Avoid cutting through the seed of an avocado. The trick is you will need to cut the flesh around the seed.
- Next, run a spoon around the avocado skin to gather the fleshy part.
- Separate the fleshy part of the avocado from its rind.
- Chop and slightly mash the avocados as well as the bell peppers, onion and cilantro but do not mix them just yet.
- Work on the dough by rolling it out flat and begin to cut 4×5 inch wrappers.
- Toss the filling ingredients into a bowl, mix and put your preferred seasonings.
- Get a wrapper and put at least 1 ½ tbsp. of filling at the center of the wrapper.
- Roll until it looks like an open envelope (remember: leave a pointy tip). Now, you are going to apply water to that tip and then pinch to seal the roll tight. Do this step to all the remaining avocado rolls.
- Heat oil on the pan and fry all the rolls until they are brown and crisp.
- Before serving, you can cut them in halves or just leave them be. Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Cooking : 25 minutes
- Serving : 16-18 rolls