There’s a saying that the most delicious dishes are often the easiest to prepare and cook, which is very true when it comes to cooking Baked Potato Boats. This simple yet flavorful dish is prepared by using the entire potato; the fleshy part as one of the filling’s main ingredients while the skin serves as a shell for the presentation. Preparing this dish is somewhat easy, provided that you have followed the step-by-step instructions that are listed in this recipe.
- 3 pcs. Large Potatoes
- 1 pc. Medium Red Capsicum, diced
- 3-4 pcs. Spring Onion Stems, diced
- ¼ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsps. Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- ½ cup Cream
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Red Chili Flakes, crushed (optional)
- ½ tsp. Black Peppercorns, coarsely crushed (optional)
- Wash and clean the potatoes thoroughly before patting them with towel to dry and baking in microwave oven. Select the setting for cooking potatoes and bake for at least 7 to 8 minutes or until the knife pierces right through the potato. Set aside for a while, allowing the potatoes to cool.
- Once the potatoes are cool, slice off the potato’s top layer by means of a knife and scoop out its pulp, leaving a thin layer of skin at the bottom part of the potato.
- In a large bowl, mash the potato pulp by using a fork and add the diced red bell pepper, green onions, cilantro and all of the spices then mix it well. Season with salt and add some cream then mix it once again. Your potato filling is now ready.
- Using a spoon, fill the empty potato skins with potato filling and top it with some shredded parmesan cheese. Bake at 40 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese melts and turns brown.