There are a lot of benefits that we can get from slow cooking. Aside from the fact that slow-cooked foods are more delicious and flavorful, slow cooking can also be prepared ahead of time, therefore lessening needless cooking rush.
Right now, what we are going to teach you is how to cook Punjabi Lobia Masala by using a slow cooker. If you’re interested, please take a look at the instructions below.
- 1 cup Lobia or Black-eyed peas
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- ½ – 1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Sukha Dhaniya
- ¼ cup Onion-tomato Masala
- 2 tbsps. Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 cups Water
- Salt to taste
For Onion-Tomato Masala
- 2 pcs. Small Onions, grounded to paste
- 1 tsp. Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp. Ginger Paste
- 2 pcs. Medium Tomatoes, freshly grated
- 2 tbsps. Oil
- Clean lobia thoroughly by using cold water before draining it. After draining, put lobia inside a slow cooker before adding four cups of water. Add all of the spices, some onion-tomato masala then mix it well. Let it cook for six hours or more inside a slow cooker in high setting.
- Once cooked, add the some salt and spices according to your taste and then garnish it with chopped cilantro leaves. Put in a serving bowl then serve it along with warm rotis or jeera rice.