Tired of eating lasagna the old-fashioned way? Why don’t you try doing this simple but delicious and healthy dish? As you can see, Veggie Lasagna Roll-ups are easy to make and definitely adds a different twist to your dull and boring lasagna.
- 6 – 8 pcs. Lasagna Pasta Sheets
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- ¾ cup Low-fat Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 15 – 20 pcs. Spinach leaves, fresh
For Vegetable Filling
- Medium Onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup Green Beans, finely chopped
- ½ cup Carrots, finely chopped
- ½ cup Red and Green Capsicum, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ cup Zucchini, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Ricotta cheese or Cream (optional)
- 1 tsp. Red Chili Flakes, crushed
- 1 – 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the lasagna first by boiling the pasta, cooking until it is already tender and firm to bite. After boiling, drain the lasagna by spreading it in a single layer and letting it dry for a few minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables by heating a little olive oil in a pan, putting in carrots and beans next and letting it cook until it becomes a little soft. Add garlic and onions and sauté for a minute before adding in zucchini, some salt, red chili flakes and cream or ricotta cheese. Mix the vegetables until they are well-blended before setting it aside.
- Assemble the lasagna by spreading a layer of marinara sauce on the boiled pasta. Next, add the sautéed vegetables, some mozzarella cheese and spinach leaves before rolling the lasagna sheet.
- Put the rolled lasagnas inside cupcake liners; add a little more vegetable and some cheese before baking it in an oven that is preheated at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 15 – 20 minutes.
- Place the baked lasagna on a plate, add some marinara sauce and cheese then serve warm.