There’s nothing greater than a bowl of warm soup along with some bread while enjoying the winter or even the cold rain outside your house. In the bread side, eating garlic knots is the best option, especially when you’re eating it along with chicken soup or spicy Dal Ka Shorba.
What’s more interesting about garlic knots is that you can either prepare it from scratch or you can also use some pre-made pizza dough depending on your choice. It can also be an enjoyable way to have some bonding with your kids while baking.
For the Knot Preparation
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 ¼ tsps. Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 tbsps. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Water or Warm Milk
- 1 ½ tsps. Salt
For Garlic-Butter Spread
- 4 tbsps. Butter or Ghee, melted
- 3 – 4 pcs. Garlic Cloves, minced
- ¼ cup Parsley leaves, fresh or dried, and minced
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the knots first by combining the yeast along with sugar and ¼ cup water. Let it sit for at least 10 – 20 minutes until the yeast becomes bubbly and frothy.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour with baking powder and some salt then mix it well. Pour in the yeast mixture that you have prepared earlier along with some melted butter and milk. Mix it until it forms into a soft dough. After that, cover the dough and let it sit for at least two hours so that its size will get doubled.
- Dust your working surface with some flour before putting the dough then knead it until it becomes soft. After that, flatten the dough and cut it into long strips. Roll the strips then tie it in order to form a knot. Put the extra ends into the top of the knot.
- Mix the butter-garlic spread ingredients altogether then brush it on each roll. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes then remove from oven and brush it again with butter-garlic spread before serving.