We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day due to the fact that we get most of our daily energy from it. This means that we need to make sure that not only we take our breakfast but more importantly, we must take the right food.
Eating sandwiches during breakfast has become quite a part in our eating tradition these days. Not only sandwiches are easy to prepare; it can also become healthy if we ensure that we make and prepare our sandwiches in a healthy way.
We will now teach you how to prepare a soya sandwich, which is a great example of a healthy sandwich recipe. Not only this sandwich is easy to make; you can also make some variations yourself in case that you don’t want to use the ingredients that are listed here.
- 6 – 8 slices Whole Wheat or Vegan Bread
- 1 cup Soya Granules
- ¼ cup Carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup Red Bell Peppers, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Onions, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 tbsps. Green Onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps. Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 2 -3 tbsps. Oil
- 4 – 5 pcs. Lettuce Leaves, big
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the soya by pouring the granules in boiling water. Cook it for at least a minute before draining and setting it aside.
- Add and sauté vegetables in an oil-heated pan until it become soft and tender. Add spices, soya granules, chili sauce then mix it very well.
- Heat the sandwiches for a while by using a griddle. Cook it until both sides become crisp and golden-brown.
- Put the soya and vegetable mixture in a sandwich before placing another one. Put on a serving plate then serve along with some ketchup.