Makhan or Homemade White Butter is very easy to make. In the past, it is produced from malai that was derived directly from milk. Until now, the tradition is still being followed.
You can also make makhan by yourself in less than ten minutes, provided that you have the ingredients and the necessary equipment. You can use either a hand mixer, butter churner or even a stand mixer in order to make one.
- 2 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Ice Cubes
- Pour the cream inside the mixing bowl and start mixing until the cream starts to curdle. The curdling time depends on the type of mixing equipment you are using. If you’re using a hand mixer, the curdling time depends on how long you can mix the cream up. On the other hand, if you’re using a stand mixer, the curdling process can be shortened to less than five minutes.
- Add some water and ice cubes and continue on mixing until the solid and liquid parts of the cream separates. The solid part is the butter fat while the liquid part is the buttermilk.
- Sieve the butter fat until all of the buttermilk is removed from it. Rinse the butter fat in cold water so that the remaining buttermilk is removed. Take note that removing all of the buttermilk is very necessary since this can affect the butter’s shelf life.
- Put the finished butter in a container and enjoy it along with warm toast or Parathas.
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 6-10 minutes
- Serving : 1 cup