Sweet potatoes are root crops that are rich in carbohydrates. This one can be made into various snacks and desserts, one of that being Sweet Potato Tots. This snack is somewhat very easy to make and tastes best when dipped in cilantro-lime sauce.
In order to make one, you must follow this recipe:
For Sweet Potato Tots
- 2 pcs. Medium-sized Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 pcs. Beaten Egg White
- Oil for frying
For Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pc. Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 pc. Scallion, minced
- 1 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 3 ½ tsp. Salt
- ¾ tsp. Black Pepper
- Mix the sour cream, cilantro leaves, scallion, lime juice, black and jalapeno pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and refrigerate.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, place the sweet potatoes and add water and some salt. Boil the sweet potatoes until they become slightly undercooked. Drain the water from the sweet potatoes, allowing it to cool. After that, mash one potato and dice the other one into equal pieces then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, a teaspoon of salt, half teaspoon black pepper, cornstarch and chili powder. Put the mashed and diced sweet potatoes and form it into soft dough. Cut the entire dough into half then roll it to form a log. After that, slice the log into smaller pieces, forming the tot.
- Drench the tots in egg white before rolling it into bread crumbs. Fry the tots in oil for two minutes or until they become golden-brown.