Vegetable spring rolls are very delicious and easy to make. What’s more amazing with this recipe is that you can make different variations such as using ground meat along with some spices and carrots. You can also make a vegetable version if you want to refrain from eating meat. Either way, spring rolls can be eaten as an appetizer or even a snack.
- 1 cup Cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup Green Capsicum or Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup Red Capsicum or Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup Green Beans, finely chopped
- ½ cup Carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 cup Onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps. Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ tbsps. Szechuan Sauce
- 1 tsp. Black Peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 2 tbsps. Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 pack Noodles
- Salt to taste
- 1 – 2 packs Wanton or spring roll wrappers
- 1 – 2 tbsps. Slurry or flour-and-water mixture
- Prepare the filling by boiling the noodles. At the same time, sauté the onions and vegetables in an oil-heated pan. Put and sauté the carrots first, then the beans and the cabbage last.
- Once the vegetables become tender, add in the spices, sauces and noodles then mix until everything is well-blended.
- Put some vegetable filling on the top of wanton or spring roll wrapper. Fold the bottom part of the wrapper right to the top one before securing the left and right parts in place. After doing that, roll the wrapper and brush the edges with the slurry so that it does not open.
- Once the rolls are finished, brush it with some butter before baking it in an oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Once cooked, serve along with some sauce or chutney as dip.