Mexican beef and potato burritos are certified favorite. With ground beef and diced potatoes with optional scrambled eggs all wrapped up in tortilla, you can have a hearty meal you can simply enjoy.
- Ground beef (or small bits of steak)
- Potatoes, peeled and diced for about ½-1 inch
- Large tortillas
- various Mexican spices
- Oil (or butter)
- scrambled eggs
- leftover fries
- Peppers, diced
- Onions, chopped
- Damp paper towels
- Put small amount of butter (or oil) in skillet and heat it up. Fry the potatoes until it attains the golden brown hue. (Add the diced peppers and onions should you want to have them in your burritos. Remember to add them when the potatoes are already half-cooked.)
- In a different skillet, toast or ground beef or steak titbits using oil or butter.
- Add the cooked potatoes into the beef.
- You can season the beef and potatoes with your choice of Mexican spices. Choose from the wide variety of chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and paprika. Add ¼ cup of water if you add the spices and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Let the water evaporate completely and the oil sizzles.
- Get your tortillas ready by microwaving them, but wrap them first in damp paper towels. Put them inside the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, preheat another skillet over a medium-high flame but this time, do not add oil or butter. Place the tortilla in the skillet for 10 seconds and flip it over and cook the other side for another 10 seconds.
- Put at least 1 cup of beef and potato filling right at the center of the tortilla. Spread it in a rectangular shape, observing 2-3 inch margins at the top and bottom of the tortilla.
- Fold the top and bottom parts of the tortilla over the filling. Next, fold the left side over to cover the filling. Gently roll the burrito to the right side until the burrito is totally wrapped. You can also leave the top of the tortilla unfolded for others to have a peek of the beef and potato filling.