Pesto-ranch pasta salad is normally great for hot summer season but you can make it anytime you want. The vibrant colors contributed by veggie bits can boost your appetite. One bite on the creamy and cool dish will surely elevate your feeling.
- 1½ cup of rotini noodles, uncooked
- 2 tbsp. of pesto sauce
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- ⅓ cup cubed Roma tomato
- ⅓ cup of black olives, pitted
- freshly chopped basil
- kosher salt
- Prepare the noodles as per instruction at the back of its packaging. Just add a pinch of salt when boiling it and it is best cooked al dente. After boiling, drain them in a colander or big strainer and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process. Set the pasta aside and prepare the salad dressing.
- For the dressing, just combine the pesto and ranch into a small bowl.
- Next, combine the noodles, dressing, tomatoes, olives and cucumbers into a medium bowl.
- Top the now-ready pesto-ranch salad with basil and serve. Alternatively, you can put it inside the fridge and chill for some time before serving.
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 5 minutes
- Cooking : 10 minutes
- Serving : makes 2
- You can also prepare the noodles, veggies and dressing ahead but keep each into different containers before refrigerating. Combine them later before serving and remember to top the pesto-ranch salad with basil.