Making a Chutney Sandwich is a very quick and easy thing to do. Usually, this comes along with desiccated coconut, peanuts or sesame seeds for additional flavor. Since the chutney has a thick consistency, this makes the bread less soggy. As an addition, putting an amount of butter further prevents moisture.
- 1 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp. Peanuts
- 2 tbsps. Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Cilantro or Coriander Leaves, washed well
- ½ inch Ginger piece
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 pcs. Green Chili
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 2 tsps. Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 8-10 pcs. Bread Slices
- 1 pc. Small Cucumber, sliced
- Butter for spreading
- To make the chutney, take peanuts, sesame seeds and desiccated coconut inside a blender or food processor and grind it into a powder.
- Add the coriander leaves, green chili, ginger, garlic, salt, sugar and lemon juice inside the mixture.
- Add a little water and blend it until you form a thick and smooth paste. After that, remove the chutney in a bowl and store it for later use.
- Take the bread slices, apply some butter and spread the chutney. Make sure that you apply a liberal amount unless the sandwich will go dry. Alternatively, you can cut some designs in the bread for a better look.
- As a variation, you can also add cucumber slices for a crunchy consistency. Cut the sandwich into vertical halves or triangles and serve.