In the countries such as the U.S., bagels are usually seen inside every American kitchen. These are the very long pieces of bread that can be paired with almost any breakfast food such as bacon and eggs. You can also eat these while sipping out a nice warm bowl of soup during cold winter days. Needless to say, bagels are a definite must-have for breakfast.
However, bagels aren’t made just to make your breakfast complete. The truth is, you can even eat it whenever you want to have some light snack right before dinner. And honestly, you can even pair these with your grilled cheese.
Listed below are the bagel sandwich recipes that you must taste at any time of the day.
- Avocado, Red Onion and Cream Cheese Bagel Sandwich – As we all know, bagels taste much better if you toast it for a while. After that, these go nicely with some cream cheese, red onions and some avocado. This gives you a sweet and crunchy sandwich with a rather sharp bite.
- The Ultimate Smoked Salmon Bagel – Who of you doesn’t even tried eating these with some smoked salmon? If it is, this is the perfect time to do that. Along with some pickled red onions, scallions and capers, this one not only tastes great; it is also very good for a rather deliciously colorful presentation.
- Open-faced Veggie Bagel Sandwich – Especially recommended for vegetarians, this recipe is composed of nice and crispy bagel that is smeared with some cream cheese, fresh tomatoes, cucumber slices and some onions. This gives you a lot of much-needed nutrients in order to start your day.
- Tomato and Cream Cheese Open-Faced Bagel Sandwich – Instead of salmon slices, this sandwich is done by means of putting tomato, fresh mint and some chopped cucumber on top of cream cheese for an added taste.
- Bagel Grilled Cheese with Heirloom Tomatoes and Thyme – Most of us are using bread slices when we want our bread topped with tomatoes and all. However, instead of using bread slices, toasted bagels are used and smeared with some cream cheese, tomato slices and some chopped thyme leaves. Not only will you manage to make a delicious bagel sandwich; its aroma makes it more delicious.
The truth is, when it comes to making bagel sandwich recipes, the mixing and pairing possibilities are somewhat endless. Depending on your taste and mood, you can make a vegetarian bagel sandwich or a very meaty one.