If you and your family—or friends—are putting up the decorations for Christmas, we happen to know one recipe to energize you while doing it. We’re talking about the parmesan basil stuffed mushrooms. Everybody will love the nice blend of crunch and juiciness of the mushrooms, plus the gooey goodness of the parmesan cheese.
- 8 oz. (or 14 caps) of white mushrooms, un-stemmed
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1½ tbsp. of chopped fresh basil
- olive oil (extra virgin is the best bet for this)
- You have to preheat oven to 400°F and prepare a baking sheet by coating it with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Get a small bowl and incorporate the parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, basil and 1 tbsp. of olive oil until the bread crumbs are moistened.
- Now, using your hands, stuff each mushroom with 1 tsp. (or 1 tbsp. – depends on the size of the mushroom) of the stuffing.
- Place each mushroom on the baking sheet, observing 1-2 inches gap from each other. Make sure that olive oil coats the sheet underneath the mushroom in order to avoid the sticking of mushroom.
- Pour at least ¼ teaspoon of olive oil on each mushroom.
- Bake the mushrooms for about 25 minutes or when the tops achieve golden hue.
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 10 minutes
- Cooking : 25 minutes
- Serving : 14 mushrooms
- In stuffing mushrooms, make sure to find the balance of enough wetness and dryness. For this, know that in this recipe the ratio of dry and wet ingredients is perfect to produce the crispness and juiciness of the stuffed mushrooms. If you want your own variation for the recipe, just keep in mind the dry-and-wet balance.